Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas preparations


It is the busy season in our lives, and although I am no longer working (in a "real" job) I have found myself busier this year than ever before!

This past week I helped organize our church women's christmas dinner. This was a dinner for 120+ people which we held at a local golf course. We seem to have a way at our church of making these events super detailed, and super special, which is awesome - but so time consuming!

The theme was the sweetness of the Lord, and we had candy (lollies!) everywhere.
The next big event was our ministry team dinner which was held at our church, but of course had all those lovely details we love! It was a holly, ivy, traditional christmas theme. Catered by Maggiano's. One of the great things about this dinner is the professional photographer who comes out and takes photos of our church families. Hopefully I will have some of those to post soon.
And then yesterday we had the annual Estrada family Christmas party! Here is Cassia preparing a meal for us to eat - we are teaching her young.
Then today I got together with some friends to bake cookies! It really is the busy season - but things like these, family gatherings, cookie baking and quality time are the things I know we will remember in the future, and the traditions Cassia will love!
I hope all your Christmas preparations are as fun as ours!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a gorgeous picture of you girls!
my heart wants to be there with you and have a close church family and good friends.
oh.
-jebert

Martine said...

Hey I never got sent this post on Feedblitz! Oh well, lucky I logged on to have a peak. Great photos, she is growing up so fast. Fabulous clothes too by the way. Good job.
Love Aunty M