Friday, July 20, 2007

Yes, I’m pregnant – why did we wait?

By now you will have worked out that yes, Jason and I are THRILLED to be expecting our first baby.

Some of you may be feeling a little out of the loop thinking, ‘but I didn’t know they were planning on having kids yet’ or ‘why did they wait 3 months to tell me?’ well the simple answer is that we didn’t really want the world to know we were trying because I had been told in the past that I may have difficulty getting pregnant and we didn’t want to share our news too soon because its fun to have special secrets between family and we wanted to test our parents patience… just kidding.

So now you understand here are the details…
  • Our baby is due late January/early February a few weeks after our 5th wedding anniversary… I am sticking with Jan 31 as my due date because I don’t want to wait any longer than that.
  • I have been having some charming morning sickness so please pray that this miraculously disappears as my first trimester is over.
  • I do not look pregnant yet but am doing the rubber band around the button trick with my jeans.
  • We are hoping to find out if we are having a boy or a girl but this won’t be for another few months.

We will be attempting to blog semi-regularly and posting lots of photos as things progress. Please feel free to pass this link on to anyone who was not included on this email because I have lost their email over the billion email address changes I have had in the past few years.

Thanks for praying and we love you all!